One strategy stands out as a game-changer in business: business acquisition. Unlike starting a business from scratch, acquiring an existing business offers immediate income and infrastructure, significantly reducing the risk. Imagine stepping into a well-established venture with a loyal customer base, experienced employees, and proven revenue streams. It’s like taking the reins of a powerful racehorse that’s already in full stride. By buying a business, entrepreneurs can skip the early struggles and hit the ground running, focusing their efforts on growth and innovation. However, this path has its own challenges and stops to make.
Episode 195: Learn to accelerate growth through business acquisition
On this episode of Beyond 7 Figures, I am glad to be talking to Walker Deibel, a serial acquisition entrepreneur, best-selling author, and M&A advisor. Walker owns the premiere aluminum railing manufacturer in Missouri and a portfolio of online-based businesses. His bestselling book, Buy Then Build: How Acquisition Entrepreneurs Outsmart the Startup Game, was released to critical acclaim, including being recognized by Forbes as “one of the top 7 books all entrepreneurs must read,” and is currently being used in many universities. He highlights the advantages but also the challenges of acquiring an existing business.
- The magic of an acquisition lies in what you do with the business after acquiring it
- Buying a business allows you to start with revenue, profitability, infrastructure, and customers, reducing risk
- Evaluate the risk profile of a business, including its growth momentum and potential for success
- Look for businesses with scalable marketing and sales strategies and revenue growth potential
- Assess your strengths and align them with a suitable business acquisition opportunity.
- Buy Then Build helps budding entrepreneurs understand the why and how of business acquisition
- Acquisition is equally as important as innovation when growing a business
All this and more, on this week’s episode of Beyond 7 Figures.
Stay tuned for the next episodes, where I talk with more entrepreneurs who have broken through 7 figures. So, don’t forget to subscribe to the show to get that episode as soon it gets released. Until then, be profitable.